Below is the current roadmap of new sections and chapters for Project Management Fundamentals. Please provide your feedback about what you want to see in the next version of the text using the form at the bottom of this page.
Project Management Fundamentals Textbook Roadmap
New Chapter: Risk Management (Oct)
Section: Defining Risks
- Project Risk vs. Operational Risk
- Risk Identification
- Risk Register
- Quantitative Risk Assessment
- Qualitative Risk Assessment
Section: Managing Risks
- Risk Management Strategies
- Managing negative project risk:
- Minimize (Mitigate)
- Managing positive project risk:
Chapter: Reduce Project Time
Update Section: Crashing (Oct)
- Provide more detail about crashing so that students don’t have to rely on video as much.
New Chapter: Agile (Nov)
- Section: Agile Principals
- Section: Scrum
- Section: Extreme Programming
Chapter: Project Networks
New Section: Resource Loading and Leveling (Nov)
- Resource Constraint
- Resource Loading
- Resource Leveling
New Section: Finalizing our Schedule (Dec)
- Monte Carlo Analysis
- Critical Chain Analysis
- Control Schedule
Chapter: Project Management and the Organization (Dec)
New Section: Organizational Culture
- What is Organizational Culture
- How does an organization’s culture affect project management efforts.
- What tools are available to assess an organization’s culture?
———————Release new version—————-
New Chapter: Change Management (Jan/Feb)
- Change Requests
- Corrective Action
- Preventative Action
- Integrated Change Control
- Change Control Board
- Change Control Process
Section: Change Management Procedures
Content: Change Request Procedure
New Chapter: Procurement Management
New Chapter: Professional and Social Responsibility
New Chapter: Project Closure
Student Workbook RoadMap
Obviously, there will be sections added to the student workbook that corresponds to the content that will be added to the textbook sections/chapters described above. In addition, the following labs will be added.
- MS Project Lab 3: Working with Calendars and Milestones
- MS Project Lab 4: Organizing Tasks and Linking Tasks
- MS Project Lab 5: Advanced Task Management
- MS Project Lab 6: Passes and Slack Calculations in MS Project.
- MS Project Lab 8: Adding Resources
- MS Project Lab 9: Advanced Resource Usage and Reporting
- MS Project Lab 9: Earned Value Analysis.
Provide Feedback on the road map!